Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yay for the weekend!

Hi Friends,

Welcome to the weekend. I am so happy it’s here.  Do you have any fun plans? We’re going for a laid back at home weekend which I love!  After traveling and both being sick for awhile, it will be nice just to be around the house and relax (and craft…)

Today, I’m posting a card I made using Courtney’s Just Dandy set. I actually submitted it for publication, but it appears that I got denied :(  That’s just the way it goes. I’ve decided that I’m not going to be so consumed with submitting for publications. It had gotten so that I wasn’t enjoying the card-making, and that defeats the purpose of crafting.  I also take it very personally when things don’t go as I would like. I know I shouldn’t feel like that for a myriad of reasons, but I’m an overly sensitive person in general.  I am working on it, and part of that is doing what I’ve described above.  I just want to have fun making cards and new friends :)

Sorry for the ramble…. Here’s today’s card, hope you enjoy!

inkembossaug2010 copy

I stamped Ranger alcohol inks on Stampin’ Up! Glossy cardstock and then embossed the dandelions on it. Then I rounded the corners, tied some ribbon around it and adhered it to a card base. Easy peasy :)

Have a goodie friends, and remember on Monday another EBTKS Sketch challenge! 

Hugs!

Nette

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

Lynette, first and foremost, such a beautiful card! I had explored the idea of using this set in fall colors and couldn't quite figure it out, but this is gorgeous! Second, thank you thank you thank you for posting your words. I submitted for my VERY first time this past week and didn't get any accepted. It really put a damper on this weekend. Its great to know that you've changed your outlook somewhat to enjoy making cards for the companionship and not the calls-I've got to get back to that! Sorry for the long post, just thought I would say thanks.

Brandi said...

Lynette,
What a beautiful card! I submit cards all the time for contest and sometimes never get recognized. That should never be the reason for crafting. Craft because you enjoy it only, not because you feel that you have to. Since I have followed your blog I am amazed at how wonderful your inspiration is! What's another persons rejection is another persons inspiration!!!!
Brandi

Laural-Lee said...

Awe Lynette....you make beautiful things. This card is great! I love the technique and colours. It's a card that showcases Courtney's set perfectly as well as your talent.

On the publication front, your one step ahead of me. I haven't even bothered to submit anything for publication out of fear of rejection. So putting yourself out there is something to be proud of all by itself. Keep on trying but HAVE FUN.

~amy~ said...

this is GORGEOUS!!!!! The colors are absolutely wonderful and gotta love that stamp set:)

I've noticed a wave of crafters going through the very same thing you are feeling...I just recently started submitting for pubs this year...I'm doing it primarily based on cards that I've already created and if it fits a card call then I'll submit...personally I think that there is nothing worse than not enjoying what you love to do...hang in there!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Yep... sounds like we have had the same struggles lately! I guess that is why I love you so much... we must be a lot alike! :) This card is wonderful Lynnette... just gorgeous!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I totally love this so cute! And it hard to balance card submissions, especially when things don't go the way you plan. But it's always good to have a little reality check!

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful and stunning! Also, wise words :).