Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

EBTKS#11

Hi Friends

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. We sure did. It was so nice to be home and not traveling. We had an impromptu lunch with my mom, brother and nephew Saturday, and then Sunday we spent a great deal of the day at church, we had morning service, all church lunch, and then a mission report from a recent trip toHaiti which was truly amazing. We had Sunday evening service which is always fun because we have more time for fellowship. Since I had been sick and then traveling, I've missed some church services recently, and it was such a blessing to reconnect with the church family.

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my previous post. You guys are so kind and encouraging. Truly, I am in a good place right now with card-making. I had an important reality check, and now I'm back to doing what I enjoy for the right reasons:) For awhile there, I was just on a mission to get cards published, and it was becoming too much like work which is not why I got into card-making. I am so grateful for the sweet people this little blog has brought into my life. You all bless me in so many ways.

Now, onto other things.... It's March 15th, so you know what that means??? Another sketch challenge from Everything But the Kitchen Sink. This is a great one that comes from Kelley's craft room. I had so many ideas for this sketch...

I had a ton of ideas, and this is what I endeed up going with. I have had this set from Hero Arts for awhile now and been wanting to play with it. I think these fishes are so fun. I colored them with my Copics and cut them out (I'm truly reverting back to my childhood, coloring and cutting). For the ocean, I used Ranger alcohol inks on glossy cardstock to create the blueish green water. I used my slit punch with the guard off to create the waves. And I finally remembered to use some clear transparency for the card base. Seemed fitting for this motif. There's a fabulous prize involved from this challenge. One of the new Lawn Fawn sets, Petite Florals. This set is amazing with endless possibilities. While you are there, you should check out the other 4 amazing sets. Wow, they are CUTE!!

So go check out the EBTKS blog to see the other inspirational cards. I cannot wait to see what you create. You guys always amaze us with what you come up with.

Big hugs to you all

Nette

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

How stinkin' cute is this?! I love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow.... seems like you and I have been on the same page Lynnette! I haven't visited all weekend... trying to get caught up. Funny to read your comments and curious to see what is below this. Love your card!! It is too cute!

Karen B. said...

I think its ok to revert back to childhood, as long as you have fun doing it! Cute card.

Courtney Baker said...

Way way cute! And seriously Kelley posted something very similar recently!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is so adorable! I love the water background and waves and fish and everything!

Jinny Newlin said...

Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Such a cute idea! I really love the way you used the clear transparency. I LOVE to write in my cards, but so many people use these so there's just not that much room to do so. Yours is perfect :)!