Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

EBTKS challenge

HI Gang,

EBTKS Challenge 8

It’s that time again. Time for another around the house challenge. We’re to use box tops (or other parts of a box) on our project.  This is the first challenge that we have a sponsor! Kelleigh Ratzlaff at The Digichick Is sponsoring this challenge.  She has an amazing selection of templates and other goodies. I was overwhelmed when trying to decide on template for this challenge. In fact, I see myself purchasing some others… She is offering a discount to all our challenge participants and the winner will get a $15 gift certificate to her shop! Wahoo.  (I would have no problem finding $15 worth of merchandise to purchase).

I ended up using the cookie wrap template.  I love to bake and just thought it made sense to get this one.  After using it, I see so many other possibilities…candy, jewelry, favors, etc.   So CUTE. 

EBTKSboxtopsNette

I incorporated the box top into my butterfly. I essentially used it like a piece of chipboard. I adhered some of the patterned paper to the box and then die cut it with my Sizzix Big Shot, and voila I had a sturdy butterfly.

Be sure to check out the other girls templates.  (We all picked different ones and didn’t even plan it that way). You can find all the details and the other EBTKS girls’ creations at the EBTKS blog.

Have a great weekend!

Nette

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Love love love your butterfly and button embellishment! Such a clever way to thread the button with the antennae. Such a bright and sophisticated design. You guys really did a great job with all these templates!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute girlie!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors and that butterfly is a prefect finishing touch! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love this Lynnette! It is so pretty and I love the butterfly!! It is perfect!