Happy New Year. I hope your 2010 is off to a great start. Today, I’m very excited to tell you about an opportunity to use our craft to help out some sick kiddos. That dear sweet Winter is organizing it, and here is what she says along with instructions to participate.
A year ago this January 14, I started my blog. So for my blogversary for whole month of January, I have decided to do something for others.My family and I are going on vacation in February and as I was making plans for that, the Lord showed me that St. Jude Hospital was right on our way, and He laid on my heart to make cards for the patients there! I felt a little overwhelmed at first, because they see about 200 patients a day, but I soon felt that the Lord will provide the cards. If we all pull together, we can make this happen.
It is so sad to think of all the sick children there. So I am hoping that it will bring a smile to their face and a little more love in their hearts, when they receive their card on Valentine's Day. My family and I will be dropping off all of the cards to St. Jude Hospital, so please send them to me.We have been supporters of St. Jude's for many years, so I am really excited about this experience, and I hope you will join me in this card drive!
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age.
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope. (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with it.)
* Please send all cards to me:
Cards for St. Jude
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.)
You can also sign your name and where you are from.
* I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. At the end of the month, I will pick random winners for the prizes.
I will be adding more prizes, often. The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing.
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help, when I have the drawing.)
* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at firstname.lastname@example.org .
I want to Thank everyone for your support in this card drive, I couldn't have done it with out you! I really think, the patients will love the cards!
I sure hope that you will join in supporting Winter. To get you started, I made the following card that I’m planning to contribute. (I will be making and sharing more)
I made this with some new Hero Arts stamps (Christmas Presents using an Archiver’s gift card---yippee!)
I really hope you join in for this great cause.
Have a great day!