Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Race Day

Hi Bloggin' Friends,

Today's card features some watercoloring. I've not done much coloring lately which I love, so I decided yesterday to do some coloring.

I actually did the technique "No Copics-No Problem" back by Julie Buehler. I've linked her video tutorial, but it is also on Splitcoaststampers. You do this technique by using your Stampin' Up markers although other water based markers would probably work. The layout is so simple, obviously. I tried different layouts that just didn't suit my liking. I just decided that simple was best. We're getting ready for church. We hope to miss some of the race traffic. Today is the Indianapolis 500, and we live not too far from the track. Thankfully, our church is in the opposite direction, so we should be okay. The forecast has called for rain, but it looks like it may miss Indy. I hope for the race-goers sake it does. I also bought some plants yesterday, so I'd like to get those in the ground today :)

I spent some time painting our ceilings yesterday, and boy that is hard work, looking up the whole time. I cannot believe the difference. I had no idea how dirty our ceilings were. They look soooo white now (where I've painted anyway). Sheesh, who knew?!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Lynnette

Supplies used:

Paper: Watercolor paper (Archivers), Pacific Point, Old Olive (Stampin' Up)

Stamps: Bird with flower (unknown manufacturer), Sentiment (Hero Arts)

Ink: Stazon, Basic Black, and Pacific Point--ink well for coloring (Stampin' Up),

Markers: More Mustard, So Saffron, Rose Red, Old Olive, Certainly Celery

Accessories: Nestabilities Oval and Oval Scallops


2 comments:

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is so cute! The coloring you did is fabulous! I have never painted ceilings before. It must be so hard! I bet the end results will be worth it though! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Oh! This is LOVELY! Great coloring.