Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Hi all,

I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start. I just love long weekends. Carlin is busy studying, and I have made a few cards (warm up cards since I've been out of the ol' craft room for awhile).

The card I'm sharing today is one that I made for the anniversary stack. We try to send out anniversary cards to friends, and family. I think it's nice to remember couples' anniversaries, so I try to keep some made and ready to send when an anniversary comes up.

I don't know about you, but I sometimes try to make anniversary cards less blingy since they are being sent to a couple. Hence, the simplicity of this card. (Other times, I just go with all the frills).

I have to share something a friend turned me onto. Since I got my Nikon D40, I haven't done any editing. I don't have photoshop and am not really ready to make the financial commitment yet. So, a friend turned me onto http://www.picnik.com/, and it is fabulous! You can do so much editing for free, and you can upgrade to more functions for only $24.95. This card is my first attempt at editing, and let me tell you it is a big improvement over the original which was darker. Hopefully this info is useful for you.

Have a very blessed day and weekend!

Lynnette

3 comments:

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous card!! That is a great idea to make anniversary cards more gender neutral. Sometimes it is so hard to not go girly with crafting!

Your photo looks great! Isn't editing fun? There is something strangely satisfying about it. I do so much editing on mine as I have to take all my photos at night. It definitely helps!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Such a sweet card. I'm sure whoever gets this one will love it!

Courtney Baker said...

Hey, I'm catching up on your post while I was in Chicago. Where did you get that leaf stamp? Loving that!

Also, I've been trying to do better with anniversary cards as well. I think as a culture we need to celebrate marriage more!