Happy Monday! I made it back from a great weekend visiting Demaree (outside Chicago). We got to spend some quality time together and then her sister’s baby shower was yesterday. Such a nice weekend, and boy, was I tired last night when I got home! I am glad I decided to take today off to recover.
Recently, the sweet and talented Jinny Newlin gave me the Stylish Blogger award!
This is such a fun award because you get to learn more about your blogging buddies. Here’s the scoop, on what the recipients need to do:
- Link and thank the person who gave this to you
- Share 8 things about yourself
- Pass along to 8 fellow bloggers
Here are 8 things about me
- I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I’m grateful for the salvation He’s given me. I am a sinner, saved by grace.
- My husband, Carlin, and I met through a Christian on-line dating site. I had about given up on getting married but gave it one more try. So glad I did.
- Mexican food (or maybe more Tex-Mex) is my absolute favorite. I always get nachos. If I get something different, I will wish I had nachos.
- I love old movies. Ben Hur is my all-time favorite movie. Old Hitchcock movies are just awesome. They do not make them like they used to.
- I work at a Pharmaceutical company (Eli Lilly) managing clinical research studies. I work on drugs in very early development (first time being dose in humans). It’s an interesting and demanding job.
- Most of you know I am a huge Colts fan. The Colts are my team, but I am a fan of football overall! I love and know the game. I understand the plays and the calls. I played in a fantasy football league for several years and won it on different occasions.
- I have a passion for pets, dogs and cats, mostly. We have several (2 dogs and 4 cats---we merged animal families when we got married). I tell Carlin that he saved me from being the crazy old lady with a household of pets (I can’t say crazy cat lady because I’d have both dogs and cats)
- I am not a neat and tidy person. I have a messy desk at work and at home. It’s something I need to improve upon, but I have a long way to go.
In no particular order, the people I’m passing along to (If you’ve tagged before or do not have time to join in, no worries):
- Kelly Marie Alvarez: Ms. Lawn Fawn herself. Thank you girl for giving me the chance to be on your design team. It’s such a blessing to be part of such an outstanding company
- Laurel Beard: Founder of the Lawnscaping challenge blog and someone I’ve been having so much fun getting to know
- Jaclyn Miller: A fellow blogger from Indianapolis. I am very excited to say that she and I have decided to meet in person! How fun is that???!!
- Courtney Baker: One of my first blogging friends and the founder of Practicing Creativity Designs
- Kelley Eubanks: A sweet dear blogging friend who I hope to meet in 2011
- Christiana who is embarking on the Lawnscaping journey. Love her creations
- Karen Baker: I’m so grateful for all the supportive and encouraging comments that Karen has left me.
- Ann Cox A fellow Everything but the Kitchen Sink alum and current Moxie Fab spotlighted designer!
Of course, please play along if you’d like. Don’t wait to be called out on a blog!
Hugs and blessings