Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Perfect Pear

Hi Friends

I am so excited that I’ve gotten to play in some challenges lately. I love challenges to help get the creative juices flowing. One of the things I struggle most with are layouts, so sketch challenges are a favorite of mine. I always need the help.

I decided to play in this week’s Cardpatterns challenge.  Here’s the sketch

sketch99

I love the versatility and options available with this layout, so I am sure to use it again. For the challenge, here’s what I came up with

DSC_0049

I used Lawn Fawn’s My Silly Valentine for this card.  (getting a lot of mileage out of this set during this time of year.) It “pears” so nicely with the Cosmo Cricket De Lovely paper. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and blessings

Nette

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fantastic way to showcase how Lawn Fawn can be something other than cute and fun. Way to go! Love your card.

anja curvers said...

Beautiful card love those pears and the sentiment. So glad you played along with cardpatterns.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh, I love those little glossy pears - so cute with that paper.

Jocelyn said...

I feel the same way about challenges...and sketchs are the best! Those pears are way too cute!!!

Laurel Beard said...

Sooo cute. Love it....Love all that pear patterned paper! Adorable.

Brandi said...

So fun! Those pears are too cute.

~amy~ said...

awwww...now how cute is this??!!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very adorable!

Christiana said...

I love all the pear-y goodness in this card! The stamp, the paper, everything fits together so beautifully. Love it!

And thanks for introducing me to a new challenge blog!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the way you've combined so many differnet "pear" things to create one cohesive, gorgeous look! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

jen said...

So fun!!! Love your combo & those glossy pears! Congrats on the honorable mention! :D