Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Hi Folks

Another post today! Wow, this is a record and a busy time. I’m horribly late in posting this. 

Today, it’s time for another Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge. Also, it’s the last challenge for this little challenge blog.  We’re all a little melancholy about it, but all of our schedules have just gotten so crazy that we’re having trouble keeping up. So, thank you for playing along all this time and for sharing your fabby creations. 

Ann is hosting this last challenge and has a fabulous prize package from Limelight Papercrafts. This challenge is all about textures.  Check out the inspiration photo:

challenge28_challenge

Doesn’t that make you just want to snuggle under that blankie on that sofa and watch a movie. It just looks so soft and warm to me.  (Insert happy sigh here)

So anyway, here’s what I came up withchallenge28nette

I thought of this soft ribbon in the new Lawn Fawn Dapper package immediately when I saw the inspiration.

I hope you like it and that you will play along to help us go out in style.

Hugs and blessings!

Nette

13 comments:

Ann said...

Love that gorgeous ribbon, Nette! You can snuggle up on my couch any time! ;)

Karen B. said...

Melancholy is an underused word! Great card, that fiber looks divine and pairs so well with the bright red!

Scrapcollectr said...

CAS and that velvet ribbon adds so much punch! *smile*

Kelly said...

Lovely!

Yvonne Russell said...

Wow... that velvet ribbon is gorgeous. Pink and red are a great combo, and this card is so stylish.

Kristy Smith said...

Love the velvet ribbon! It's definitely one of my favorites from the new release! Great christmas card!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great card! I joined in the challenge a few times! Fingers crossed! :)

Sally Watkins said...

I think that ribbon would have been a great substitute for my blanket when I was three.

Laurel Beard said...

Oh, that red velvet ribbon is delicious............

judy said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors
and design.

Ashley Newell said...

What a sweet card! I love the trim!

Aparna said...

The velvet ribbon is gorgeous-- I love the use of pink in a Christmas card too :)

Patty said...

I love the clean and simple design of the card and the pretty color combo - it's so striking! Gives me inspiration to start making my Christmas cards - I don't have much time left!

And such pretty velvet ribbon - I want some!