Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day

Hi Friends

Happy Valentine’s day to you! I hope you enjoy a blessed day. Any special plans? We’re planning a quiet dinner at home. We just like quiet evenings together, and it’s a week night.

Before, I go any further, I have to say that I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He’s my best friend, and he’s so good to me. He’s incredibly patient, loving, kind, and has a great sense of humor. More than anything, he loves the Lord Jesus, and he is a great spiritual leader to me. The Lord has truly blessed me beyond what I ever dared to hope, and I am truly grateful.

Okay, if you’ve survived my sap fest… Today, I’m sharing the card I made for my sweetie (Carlin, if you are reading, stop now, don’t read anymore until you open your card).



So, we all know making cards for boys can be a challenge. I find that wood-grain always adds a touch of masculinity to a card. And, of course, no bows or bling. I did a lot of distressing on this card too just to add some dimension to the embossed wood grain (I used the Tim Holtz embossing folders).

Have a very blessed day

Nette

Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sophie’s sentiments, and Bannerific)


Ink: Memento, Ranger distress inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye)


Paper: Bazzill Basics, Neenah, Papertrey Ink


Other: Tim Holtz die cut and embossing folder, Marvy Uchida circle punch, Stampin’ Up Hearts punch

3 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

PERFECT card for the husband. Masculine, great colors and layouts.. Carlin is going to love this!

I am still swooning over your reflective background for your pictures..... Sigh... :)

Anonymous said...

Love this card and I love that embossed background. I actually have that folder and I always forget to use it. I agree that it's perfect for any masculine cards. I am definitely going to try to pull mine out more. Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great card for the hubby! Love the woodgrain!