Hope you are having a great week! Each year Winter organizes a card drive to support children in hospitals, and I’m happy to be participating. I’ve been busily making cards to send to her to send to the various hospitals. Winter has all the instructions on her blog. There are a ton of prizes for participating, not that you need that incentive to join in, but it does sweeten the deal.
Here are some key guidelines for the card drive:
- Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
- Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
- Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. No buttons or anything that can be pulled off and become a chocking hazard.
- Cards MUST be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope (A2 size, but can be smaller, just not bigger). I CANNOT use them if they are bigger! (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.) The clear envelopes make it easier when they hand them out to the kids.
- You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your first name and what state you are from.
- Cards will be accepted for the whole month of January. ( Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, Please don't send any after that because they need time to get to the hospitals in time for Valentine's Day.) At the end of the month, Winter will draw names for prizes.The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing to win prizes. Let your kids get involved too! More prizes and sponsors will be added often.
- Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help for the prize drawings.) A lot of the prizes will be sent from the sponsor, so your email is needed!
- Please send cards to:
"Cards from the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664
- If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at
Go here to check out the Sponsors and Prizes.
I don’t have any photographs of the cards I’ve made, so I thought I’d share a card I made last year.
I will be posting some cards that I’ve been making recently in the coming days.
Hope you decide to join in with the card drive, it is such a great cause.
Have a blessed day friends!