Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge

Hi Friends,

How was your Monday? I hope you are all doing well. I have to say that today was quite a rough day. My best friend's sister passed away this morning. She had lung cancer, and it was very agressive. Also, a friend of Carlin's from his former church (before we got married) passed away on Saturday. I'm comforted that both were believers and are now in the presence of Jesus, but I feel for their families.

Onto other things, I managed to get a card made for the Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. And it's not being submitted under the wire. Woohoo!


I did some clear embossing on this card. I'm into this look at the moment. Does anyone else go through phases as to what you use on your creations? I am so fickle, I think. At any rate, embossing is my technique du jour.


ANYWAY, here is my entry:


I just adore the damask designs embossed. It really dresses up the image. I like these colors together. That's why I love these color challenges, it helps me expand my color horizons.

Thanks for stopping by!


Nette

5 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such fun pearls and embossing details. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones. I am praying for you. Wonderful job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card.

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the damask stamp!

Courtney Baker said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that is so hard to handle, but you are right it's much easier as a believer.

Your card is gorgeous, and I'm totally with you. I certainly go through all sorts of fads in my own crafting. Just over a year ago I was totally addicted to digital scrapbooking. And now I haven't done any in a year.

~kelly marie~ said...

I am so sorry your losses. I will send these families comforting thoughts. I hope you are doing okay.

Your card is just beautiful. I love your style! You do the color challenges so well!! Just love it!